Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The First Success.

I created this collage about two months ago and has since influenced all of the work that i am doing now.  The way it manifested was sort of an accident.  I was playing around, looking at the cut out image from the other side of the paper.  Arranging and rearranging. Flipping and re-flipping.  Searching through magazines, looking for interesting images that can create a dialogue when juxtaposed with other images.  I dont think im trying to make any specific statements on popular culture or fashion or gender, although i am aware that these images address these things.  I think my collages offer a different perspective so that the viewer is able to draw their own conclusions on what is happening in their culture and around them.  A tweaking of normality to expose abnormality, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment