Friday, February 4, 2011

THE DUKE INTERVIEW


Duke Morgan. What words can describe such an incredible man and friend?  He is by far one of the most interesting people I know.  If you have had the pleasure of meeting this man then you know what I mean.  And if you have not then you are about to find out.  I recently made the decision to interview Duke for a segment on Good Habits.  We met in his one room shack to chat.  Here is what happened...

GOOD HABITS: Please state your full name.
Duke Morgan:  Full name is Tyrannosaurus Rex.  Duke Morgan.

GH:  What are a few good habits that you practice?
DM:  I have many...

GH:  Your Favorite one?
DM:  Well Lately my favorite one has definitely been harvesting food.  

GH:  Can you talk a little bit more about that?
DM:  Its basically an integrated, recycling, if poho then go, vibes.  Its fricken going out into the community and selecting quality fruit from people who either dont want the fruit or who want to give the fruit away.  And we would go get the fruit.  And right now we are just enjoying it and giving it away to our family and friends.  And its epic.  But I would like to get in touch with the food bank to donate some fruit which would be going to waste otherwise.  

GH:  How have you become so interested in agriculture?
DM: I dont know.  It just seems like all of my life I've kind of got geared into taking care of your place.  What you get from it is what you put into it.

GH:  Nuts.
DM: Yeah.  Whatevers.

GH:  What did you get your degree in?
DM:  I actually just commenced my college career and its in Tropical Agriculture and Soil Sciences.

GH:  What are your thoughts on Marijuana?
DM:  A lot of people say that it is a drug but i use it as a tool.  It connects you to another realm and your neurons really start moving in a way they never jived.  And its a medicine, healing.  That sounds like a bunch of  fucken crap but...

GH: What have you done in the past week?
DM:  Perfect.  Well you got me on a good week.  I just got home from the Big Island of Hawaii.  We hiked into the fifth valley on the north shore and we cleared trail and took care of the place back there. Malamas for sure.  Its unreal.  Hunted some pigs for food.  Fucken black forrest ham bacon for every meal.  Yeah, just got roots.  
Duke's garden
GH:  Tell us about your mom's birds.
DM:  It's my mom's birds but i saw them at my aunties place, its like, she has these parrots and theres food all over their house and they grind it.  So they have different color shit.  Like when they fly around. And there this one table that she has on her desk with bird excrement on it, there were all these different shades and hues.  The way it moved on the paper and faded it out on the edges and shit.  So i wondered if I put paper in my mom's bird cage, would the shit end up collaging out?  I thought it would be funny to put the birds to work.

GH:  Hahaha.  I have no idea what you just said...
DM:  Yeah. hahaha.

GH:  What three things would you bring to a deserted island?
DM:  Oh my god.  Brah, I would have my heavy weight bolo knife, guaranteed.  I would bring my girlfriend, Ruthie girl and my bolo knife.  And......um, a lot of seeds, like a packet of seeds.

GH:  Thats a good one.  What are your three favorite basketball teams?
DM: whaaaaaaaaaat? Fuuuuuuuck. hahaha.  Roosevelt high school rough riders.

GH:  Rice or bread?
DM:  Rice.

GH:  Car or Bike?
DM: Bicycle.

GH:  Video games or television?
DM:  Television

GH:  Lord of the Rings part 1 or Lord of the Rings part 3?
DM:  Three

GH:  Bananas or apples?
DM:  Bananas.

GH:  Fat chicks or black chicks?
DM:  Oh my god. Im not gonna answer that one.  

GH:  What will people be saying over your casket?
DM:  Revolutionary......no, i dont know.  Just positive thoughts.  

GH:  Last words?
DM:  Aloha.  




No comments:

Post a Comment